Bob Cupp, Hubert Green
Construction of the original design began in 1958 and was one of the first golf courses built in Southern Nevada. The golf course was once owned by Howard Hughes who purchased the property from the original developer, Hank Greenspun, in 1968. The course was a former PGA Tour stop, regularly hosting the "Sahara Invitational" back in the early 1970's. First established as Paradise Valley, the course has also been named Showboat Country Club, Los Verdes, Indian Wells, and Royal Kenfield over the years. Course was re-named and branded the "Wildhorse Golf Club" in 1994. Layout redesigned and updated in 2004 by golf course architects Lee Schmidt and Brian Curley. The facility is now municipally owned by the City of Henderson and professionally managed by Par 4 Golf Management. Wildhorse Golf Club is officially recognized as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International - one of only 3 courses in the region to achieve this honor.