Willie Park, Jr., Arthur Hills
Members and their guests
A nine-hole golf course was constructed almost immediately while today’s Clubhouse was completed by 1901. The course was originally designed by British Open Champion Willie Park Jr. and was later redesigned by Arthur Hills. Club records indicate that in 1899, a golf lesson cost a mere seventy-five cents, while golf clubs were $2.50. Within a decade, a new swimming pool and nine additional holes were added as additional land was purchased by the Club. The magnificent river setting and ambiance of the Clubhouse has made it a favorite location for many prestigious weddings, receptions and social gatherings. Our true character is shaped both by the traditional elegance of the century-old Clubhouse as well as by the philosophy and attitudes of the Members.