Donald Ross, Roy Albert Anderson
Members and their guests
In the late teens and early twenties, the Poland Country Club, Inc., was located in Brownlee Woods, Boardman Township and was a nine-hole golf course. The real estate and clubhouse were originally owned by the Mill Creek Realty Company.
In those days a bench was located on every tee, together with a stand, containing a bucket of water and sand. The sand was used to make a tee. Several gentlemen, who became members of Tippecanoe Country Club, were caddies in those days and were paid 25 cents for caddying nine holes of golf.
The members of the club were desirous of owning an 18-hole golf course. With this in mind, they formed a corporation, naming it "The Tippecanoe Country Club."
On April 26, 1927, by purchasing 185.424 acres of land,a farmhouse and a barn, located in Canfield, the Tippecanoe
Country Club expanded to an 18-hole golf course.
The organization met to elect officers on November 30, 1928, at the Y.M.C.A. The following month, on December 13th, a golf pro was hired at $150.00 a month.