Walter Travis, Harry S.Colt & Charles H.Allison, Robert Trent Jones Sr.
Members and their guests
Early architect Walter Travis created the original layout at this club on the Milwaukee River in 1894, and it underwent extensive renovations at hands of Harry S. Colt and Charles Alison in the late 1920s. Sporadic work over the succeeding decades has kept the course up to competition standards, so that it hosted the Walker Cup in 1969 and the US Mid Amateur Championship in 2008, not to mention the well-attended Wisconsin State Amateur in 1994. The grounds are dotted with old hardwoods that give the club a remote feel. The layout is as classic as its pedigree would suggest; it rewards straight drives, precision with the irons and solid putting. No course in the state is better cared for, nor indeed are very many in the country. The driving range has only around 20 stalls, but is animated by the spirit of head pro Manuel de la Torre.