Members and their guests
Originally established in 1904, the golf course comprised of six holes built along the Allegheny River at Logan’s Ferry, Plum Township. Frequent floods made the site unplayable most of the time, and it became necessary to relocate to a new site. It was then that 50 acres was purchased adjoining the old Wilkinsburg Verona street car line and a 9-hole course was opened. An old house belonging to the McMillan family was used for the purpose of storing equipment and the house still remains across the street from Green Oaks Country Club to the present day. In 1907 a new colonial style clubhouse was completed and later land was purchased to extend the club’s grounds to the Allegheny River to make room for an 18-hole course. The current clubhouse at Green Oaks Country Club was constructed after a fire in December of 1950 and was completed in 1954.