A. W. Tillinghast
The Green Course is the first course to be opened at the Bethpage facility back in 1934. It was originally called the Lenox Hills Course, back when Bethpage State Park was still the Lenox Hills Country Club. The course was modified by A.W. Tillinghast to allow for the creation of the Black, Red, and Blue, and to bring the finish of the 18th hole closer to the clubhouse. With a par of 71, slope of 121, rating of 69.5, and running 6124 yards from the back tee's, it is far less grueling than some of the other courses at Bethpage.