Established in 1913 the Audubon Golf & Country Club has a storied history in the community of Audubon. Built in the spring of 1913, F.H. Adams, E.S. Van Gorder, John Weighton, L.E. Simpson, and Joe H. Ross rented 20 acres of land from Mr. Weighton. They proceeded to build a six hole course, as well as two tennis courts, for their Country Club members to use. The golf course remained a six hole course until 1957 when it was expanded to the current nine hole course.
In the 1920s and early 1930s, the golf course sponsored an annual tennis tournament. This was continued until the courts were damaged by flooding, and the courts were discontinued.
Today the course sits on 40 acres of land, and all the greens and tees have an automatic watering system. This semi-private course offers daily rates for those dropping by to play a round, as well as, a variety of memberships for the avid golfer to choose from. This par 35 golf course offers a great challenge for the everyday golfer and also the beginning golfer.