Golf Club de Lausanne was founded in 1921, and its grounds in the foothills overlooking the city were long home to a fine course laid out over parkland and set with thickly wooded areas. Architect Jeremy Pern carried out renovations, bringing the length up to nearly 6200 meters but making sure that the trees continue to determine the layout. Other challenges include a pair of doglegs, numerous water hazards and considerable changes in elevation. Further enhancements in recent years have been reworking the greens and bunkers and the drainage on the fairways. As a result, players are rewarded for long approach shots, and they should make a tee selection that facilitates reaching the small targets with relatively shorter irons. The aim here was never to attract major tournaments, but the World Amateur Team Championship was played at Lausanne in 1982. Practice facilities include a driving range and putting green.