Real Sociedad de Golf de Neguri was founded in 1911, and moved a couple of times before taking up its current location in 1961. The site has a key feature of links land in that it seems to have been part of the ocean floor long ago, and a portion of the course does play as a links; the rest is wooded. The 6280-meter, par 72 layout was done by legendary Spanish architect Javier Arana. The 1st through the 7th are the holes that play along the sea; beginning with the 8th the routing proceeds inland among the trees. Arana's minimalist approach, shared with the pioneering English and Scottish designers, is very much in evidence here, where the course seems to emerge organically from the surroundings. The length is more than sufficient to test very good players even if it is not quite up to tournament standards.