Kintore Golf Club, situated in the Royal Burgh of Kintore, was formed in 1911, since which time the total membership has grown to around 700. In the early 1990s the course was extended to 18 holes and now covers a large area of ground from the Don basin, overlooked by the clubhouse, to mature woodland at the far perimeter, giving an interesting contrast between the ‘old and new nines’. Excellent drainage results in very few days of lost play throughout the year. Although not as long as some – measuring 6126 yards from the medal tees – the course means the golfer cannot afford to be overconfident. The course is a mixture of hilly parkland, and holes lined by trees and criss-crossed by burns, producing some very interesting and tricky holes. The golfer will enjoy spectacular views over the River Don, stretching away to Bennachie and the Grampian range of hills to the north and south.