The historic Karachi Golf Club was founded in 1888, when it was the playground of the British, and occupied its current site seventy years later, where it continues to count some of Karachi's most influential citizens among its membership. The original course at the present location was nothing more than two dirty, soggy nines, but finally turf was laid down and in the early Nineties Peter Harradine created the modern layout, including a third nine. At over 6400 meters off the championship tees, and with a pair of par 5s over six hundred yards, the course has twice been able to attract the Pakistan Open on the Asian Tour. The surroundings are desert-like, so don't be surprised to see a cactus along the fairways. Those fairways, and the greens too, are well bunkered, and water is prevalent, as is the wind that can chase players off the course in the afternoons.