The Benton Golf and Country Club was established in 1950 when one hundred (100) businessmen purchased the land on which is now the front nine. Those people were given memberships in return for their investments.
In 1990, the club leased land from Dr. Jerry Sells and Mr. Bill Morgan to build the back nine, making an 18-hole course. The Club still carries five inactive memberships that have never been activated from the original one hundred members. There are now one hundred seventy active certificate memberships, with over one hundred additional playing memberships. Playing memberships have the same benefits as certificate holders, except for ownership and voting rights.