When the club was founded in 1904 there was a nine hole course to the west of the clubhouse. This was upgraded to eighteen holes in 1912. The current layout came into play between the wars. Designed by Herbert Fowler, today's course retains fifteen of the origianal holes, with 16, 17 and 18 as more recent additions. A delightful moorland course using the old mine working as natural hazards to challenge golfers of all standards. It has outstanding views across Dartmoor and over Cornwall and is a very natural course, with Dartmoor ponies and cattle sharing the fairways. The course has been host to many top quality competitions, including the Men's Senior Amateur Championships in 2006.