Radcliffe-on-Trent Golf Club lies within easy reach of the village and has attractive views over the Vale of Belvior with the castle itself on the horizon. In 1903 several sportsmen applied to Lord Manvers, the local land owner, and he provided them with around 40 acres of land, on lease, at very favourable terms. Consequently, the Manvers Coat of Arms was adopted by the Club on its formation in 1909.A nine-hole course was laid out by Tom Williamson who, together with Harry Vardon, participated in the opening exhibition match played on the 9th October 1909 and watched by almost two hundred people. Harry Vardon is best remembered for his introduction of the now world famous "Vardon" grip currently used by many players throughout the world.The land was subsequently purchased in February 1920, followed by a further 50 acres in 1924, allowing for the construction of another 9 holes. The new 18-hole course was formally opened in June 1925 with an exhibition match between Harry Vardon and Tom Williamson against C. A. Whitcombe and our Club Professional, George Carlin, finishing "all square".