Hazel Grove Golf Club was founded in 1913, its modest first site being some rented farmer’s fields at Bosden, Hazel Grove. Following a short tenancy, the members found on alternative site at Mill Hill in Hazel Grove and twelve months later another move was made, this time to the present course at High Lane. It was then that the club started to establish itself and the membership grew accordingly. As history shows, Dr. Mackenzie, pictured here, proved to be one of the great golf course architects of our time and is responsible for designing many world famous courses, including Augusta National and Cypress Point. Hazel Grove is indeed in very good company! The next major work to be carried out on the course took place in 1990 when plans for the infamous A6 Bypass resulted in the compulsory purchase of a section of the old course which to this day remains unused. However, this land continues to be maintained by the greens staff as if it were still part of the course and makes an excellent practice area. New land was acquired and the course redesigned along with a complete refurbishment of the clubhouse and its facilities. However the greatest feature of the new course is probably the greens, having all been relaid to USGA standards. Not only does the club arguably possess the best greens in the region, but members and guests can also enjoy playing on them for twelve months of the year without a temporary green in sight.