Burton on Trent Golf Club was founded in 1894 and moved to its present location at Bretby in 1907. The parkland course with its gently undulating fairways features extensive woodlands and a number of water hazards. The keynote holes are the difficult par 4 fourteenth with its tricky sloping green and the 18th with a testing second shot over the lake to a green overlooked by the Clubhouse. The greens are fast, firm and true and have gained an enviable reputation throughout the region. The course measures 6579 yards, par 71 for men and 5743 yards, par 73 for ladies.