Harry S. Colt put his still unmistakable stamp on the Championship course at Burnham & Berrow Golf Club a couple decades after its original opening in 1890. One of his major challenges here was to re-route the holes to protect members of a congregation that met in a church on the back nine from flying golf balls. Here as always with his designs Colt creates single-shot holes that vary in their approaches. One of Colt's team, Charles Adison, later joined forces with Herbert Fowler to do some additional work on the course, but it remains pure Colt. The Championship is currently one of the few early links courses still in service in the area, and it has a storied history for tournaments ranging from the English Amateur Championship and the Brabazon Trophy to the West England Foursomes that is permanently located there. The century-old clubhouse helps to create the mood.