Colorado Springs Country Club, chartered in 1954, is a member-owned country club known as a comfortable, fun and welcoming refuge for friends and family. It has a long and stable history in Colorado Springs. Originally the site of the McKnight Dairy Farm, CSCC began with a 99-year lease of the property from co-founders and then property owners Dr. Frank Houck and Mr. R. Selby Young. The site was later purchased from the estates of our co founders. In 1955, the only club amenities were the original, renovated dairy barn and acreage. A nine-hole golf course was finished in 1957, and by the summer of 1958, members could enjoy the first of three swimming pools. In 1965, the golf course architectural firm of Harrison, Brauer & Rippel designed and built an additional nine golf holes, a second swimming pool and a clubhouse expansion. Another major project was undertaken in 1987, to realign the playing order of the golf course, to build a new Golf Shop and Snack Bar facility, and rebuild the tennis facilities in their current location. A significant challenge was added to the course in 2003, when the firm Phelps Atkinson Golf Course Design was hired to redesign and rebuild Hole 12. The addition of a lake on this hole allowed the Club to become a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, a proud achievement for our members.