Bedford is first and foremost a family club. Its members respect its traditions and seek to preserve the ambiance that has been its hallmark for more than a hundred years. First known as the Bedford Lawn Tennis Club, it was created in 1891 by a small group of tennis enthusiasts living in Bedford. In 1896, the club acquired enough land for a golf course and the Bedford Lawn Tennis Club became the Bedford Golf and Tennis Club. Today, Bedford offers its members a recently revamped championship golf course comparable to many of today’s top new courses, a practice facility, nine tennis courts, paddle tennis courts and a swimming and diving pool. And for every member, beautiful vistas of color throughout the year, created by the luxuriant landscape and rolling hills of northern Westchester.