Willie Park, Jr.
Members and their guests
In 1920, a group of Marion businessmen met at the Chamber of Commerce to discuss plans for a golf course and country club to honor and entertain newly elected United States President Warren G. Harding and his many distinguished guests.The original clubhouse opened in 1921 with an informal reception and dance for 500 members, guests and their families, initiating what became "the place to be" in Marion. In order to meet the needs of a growing community, The Club expanded to 18 holes and added a heated pool, tennis courts, and banquet facilities, as well as casual and fine dining. Ever-evolving and changing with the times, Marion Country Club is again preparing to expand and update to provide state of the art facilities, service, and technology to its members. Updates or expansions aside, our members have never forgotten and strive to preserve the heritage and tradition that has been the heart of their club. For Marionites, it has been the place to meet, eat, golf and relax for over 90 years.