"The Baldwin Golf Association was founded in 1951, and leased the Hobson Farm from Hazel Kapelle. One of the members, Bill Hey, had a buldozer and he used it to clear trees and shape the terrain. Four or five members were assigned to a green and had the responsibility of building and making of a green. All work was done by the membership, putting up the fencing, making the rakes and drags. 1952 was the year golf was played on the course."