Arlington Greens Golf Course consists of an 18 hole, par 72 facility with a length of approximately 7,200 yards. The terrain is gently undulating to near level. Each hole has yardages for gold, blue, and white tees that point directly down the fairway with little misdirection. Fairways are irrigated with a double row irrigation system which has recently been upgraded. Fairways consist almost entirely of Bermuda grass.
We're proud to announce that Arlington Greens is an award-winning golf course. Arlington Greens won Best Course in the 2008 Granite City Awards and was named Most Improved by readers of the Edwardsville Intelligencer.The first president of the American Society of Golf Course Architects, Gilman, Ill., native Harris worked as a landscape designer before he laid out his first course, the Hubbard Trail Country Club in Hoopeston, Ill., in 1927. After World War II, Harris devoted his career to golf course architecture and became a leader in the profession. By the 1950s, he was busy designing courses throughout the Midwest and the South. It is estimated that he planned or remodeled over 150 during his career, including Midwest Country Club in Oak Brook, Hillcrest Country Club in Long Grove, and Midlane Country Club in Wadsworth. Harris also trained a number of successful architects, including Lawrence Packard, David Gill, Richard Nugent, Kenneth Killian, Richard Phelps and William Spear.
Robert B. Harris