The Aquarius Golf Club was founded in 1912. We celebrated our Centenary this on the 13th of September 1912. The 9 hole course was laid out on the roof and around Beechcroft Reservoir, which was completed in 1909. At the time it was Europe's largest under ground reservoir, still operational today and holding 55 million gallons of water. Competitions have been played at the Aquarius since 1913, with breaks for both World Wars. In 2007 the club was awarded the prestigious Golf Mark by the English Golf Union & English Women's Golf Association. which identifies the club as one which has junior and beginner golf friendly facilities.